The State of Alaska EMS Instructor Transition course has three parts. At its completion, you will be certified as a transitioned instructor and able to teach the new Scope of Practice (2019) courses for your level of Instruction. You will need your current Instructor Certification number to register.
This course you are registering for covers the first part of the 3 parts of the Alaska EMS Instructor transition.
Part One: Pre-course assignments conducted by the student through the state-provided Moodle platform. **All Instructors must complete the Basic Instructor Rollout Moodle modules. Qualified Instructors that wish to certify as an Advanced Instructor must also complete the Advanced Instructor Moodle Module. Instructions on how to register for these courses will be provided in your course registration confirmation email.
Part Two: Virtual didactic training with Train the Trainers from the Implementation Task Force. Contact the regions for dates of this session.
Part Three- Basic: Hands-on skills sessions for EMS Basic Instructors to understand new skills and medications, demonstration on how to teach new skills and have the skills evaluated. This part will be offered separately and will be required to complete certification for EMS Basic Instructors. Contact the regions for dates of this session.
Part Three- Advanced: Q & A session on the new medications, skills and other information to successfully teach the EMT 2,3 and AEMT courses. Currently, this is optional, may be required in the future. Contact the regions for dates of this session.
Alaska Instructor Transition Course Objectives:
- Demonstrate competency of 2019 Scope of Practice Skills for Qualified Instructor level (Basic or Advanced).
- Demonstrate competency teaching 2019 Scope of Practice Skill at the appropriate qualified Instructor Level (Basic or Advanced)
- List an EMS student's pre/post requirements for the EMS courses found in the regulations.
- Understand the role of the skills portfolio.
- Understand the role of the Instructor in the Assessment based testing process.